Mid Year Results Goals
OK, I missed the actual mid year but just checking in on what I set as 2010 goals back in January. Here is what I listed:
1. Continue down the good health path – Mid year, haven’t done as much as a wanted to but haven’t gotten too far off the path.
2. Be excited about my job and the opportunities that present themselves.- Mid year, Job is going well. I’ve learned a lot since I took an opportunity in March. September sends me back to my regular assignment so we will see if I can take the good attitude back with me.
3. Train some dogs, that’s right train them. I’ve been lucky that the Cardis are such a bidable crew that they like to work with you but it will be nice if we do some formal team work. Poor PJ got his RN title with very little instruction and practice, but he is a good egg and did what I asked him to do. Frost is so smart that she needs some type of job and Bailey is a rebellion teenager and she wants to do what she wants to do right now so she needs some instructions. Mid year – Frost is in Rally class and I’ve put together my training yard and am sort of using it. Once I get back in the groove I’ll introduce some of the other dogs.
4. Re work our kennel and kennel yard so that I can house 8 – 10 dogs with out a lot of worry. I don’t have 8 – 10 at the moment but I’d like to be able to house that many if needed. (the granddogs come over and it will be nice not to have to swap dogs around when they visit. – OK, now there are 8 and we really haven’t done anything about this but the year isn’t over so there is still hope.
5. Plant a garden (sort of goes with #1) – Did this one, it is a container garden but growing well and we have gotten some produce already. Got the garden plot dug out and now planning next year’s garden.
6. Evaluate my current dogs and see where I want to go next with my breeding program. I have some ideas/plans and with young dogs I also have time but now is the time to start making those plans. – Still moving forward. Lindy finished in May which takes care of worrying about getting her into shows. She will be bred when she come in next. Still not sure which boy will be her mate but feeling excited about the future.
7. Spent more time with the people I love and less time with the people I don’t. That includes worrying about the people I don’t love.- Really working on this one. I’ve gotten away from the nasty dog club people and just not bothering with people I don’t like. I wish I could spend more time with those I love most of them are a distance away but I do what I can.
So not a total wash on the goals, still moving forward. We will see what the next few month bring.